Tubular thermowells are used where temperatures are high and the pressure differential is small, a protection tube may be used with a bare thermocouple element. These are constructed in different materials such as stainless steel, nickel alloys, alumina or other ceramic material to prevent chemical attack of the platinum or other thermocouple elements. The ceramic protection tube may be inserted into a heavy outer protection tube manufactured from silicon carbide or other material where increased protection is required.
- Intended for light and medium application.
- Manufactured from tube or pipe materials.
- Applications that do not require compliance to ASME PTC 19.3 calculation.
- Suitable for low velocity or stagnant media application eg. Tank.
- Lower Cost.
- Available for extra long length.
- Shorter manufacturing lead time.